Saturday, June 16, 2012

Relay For Life 2012

Did the Relay For Life last night into today.  Honestly I am kind of a slacker when it comes to some stuff, like raising money for stuff.  It's just that I do a lot of stuff that would need money and to ask for money for each cause, seems wrong.  I'm involved in so much stuff that it would be hard to ask for money for each individual thing when I just asked for money for something else.  So I don't, I let other people do it.  They are all equally important so I support them all with my time and effort.  In these blogs, I do my best to describe my experiences and you may choose to support them in your own way.


I did manage to do 10.5 miles roughly.  Probably really a hair under.  It's a 400 meter track and I did do 42 laps.  1600 meters is not really a mile, it's about 9 meters short of a mile.  So I did 10 miles clean and about 9 meters short of a full 10.5 miles.

It was also an interesting event because this is the first time I've really done balloon twisting out in public.  Don't claim a whole lot of balloon twisting knowledge yet but I'm working on it.  Going to the local Balloon Jam to get some more info here in a few weeks.  I would say that the Relay crown is not really the crowd for balloon twisting.  Nobody wants to carry or handle a balloon for however long their walking.  Think I also miss timed it.  I didn't really hit the crowd that left after opening ceremony and the official heavy duty walking started.  It was a small crowd and didn't really cough up the cash to keep me going.  In time I hope to change that.


No comments:

Post a Comment