Friday, June 15, 2012

Interesting Weekend

So this past week has been an interesting one.  If you haven't seen my list you should check it out at some point.  This past weekend (June 9/10 2012) I got to volunteer at Circus Flora.  Not hard work at all. Clean a few seats coated in popcorn and fill a few programs.  Followed by being super friendly ushers and showing people to their seats.  Easiest volunteer work ever.  Get to see the show for free.  Pretty sweet deal.

Honestly I would of never expected to be able to ever get a chance to work at a circus ever.  All the things I've learned only enhances my appreciation of what the circus stands for.  Long live the circus.  It's more than the individual sections of show and about something more.  It's about joy and amazement and even a sense that anything is possible.  That is what I love about circus.  It's my inspiration.  Verdict is still out on if it has been a driving force.  Still a ways to go if it is.

As for this weekend, I'll be back at Circus Flora but first I am doing the Relay for Life tonight.  The Relay For Life should be interesting.  It'll be a first time for twisting balloons for me.  Not sure what to expect as I've not had much contact with the local balloon twisters yet.  Just hope the Toastmasters training serves me well.

Speaking of Toastmasters, I finally managed to finish my Competent Communicator manual.  I can officially have CC after my name at official Toastmasters functions.  Pretty Sweet.  It took longer than it should but I ended it the way I started with a Retrospective Icebreaker.  Seemed only fitting that with all the volunteering and community service that I could potentially be inspiring.  Not that I try to be inspiring with the volunteering, it's just something I love doing.  Volunteering is what I do with my spare time for free.  It's not strictly volunteering though, some of it is for fun (KDHX for instance) and I do count some of the Toastmasters when it pertains to the skills that can be applied everywhere.  As I progress though the advanced Toastmasters manuals, I should start to become a better blogger along the way.  For those keeping track, let me know how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment