Wednesday, May 30, 2012

25th Gateway Classic

Memorial Day weekend means its time for the Gatway Classic Boomerang Tournament.  Lots of boomerangs and great throwers.  My favorite events of the year are always the boomerang events.  Not that the other events aren't cool but, come on, boomerangs.  Feeling the sun and wing.  Smelling the air, grass, trees, and maybe corn and cows.  There are so many cool boomerangs and throwers out there.  People that aren't throwing are seriously missing out.  Got to stock up on some boomerangs from the Mark Legg milk crates of Lincoln rangs, all going for $5 each.



Winds were probably in the 4-8 mph area.  Winds were crazy shifty out there.  Field is walled in by trees and corn.  Bound to me lots of subtle shifts in wind out there.  Given that the winds were crazy, I did pretty well out there.  Out of 6 events, I got 1st in MTA and Fast Catch, 2nd in Endurance and accuracy, 3rd in Trick Catch, and Aussie Round was crap for me with 8th place.  Not sure what happened in Aussie Round.  Practice was great and dead on for the winds but, for official throwing, I could not get them to come back to me.  Oh well.  There's always the next event.  Overall I did get 1st place in the Open Division for the event.  Pretty Sweet.  Guess I'm going to have to throw with the big boys now.

Can't wait for the next event.  Lots of great stories, people, and boomerangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment