Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Volunteering and Community

June: so much to say about June.  There was Twangfest for KDHX, St. Louis Heritage Festival, St. Louis Fringe Festival, Wine Dine and Jazz and Circus Flora.  I've also been doing Improv classes at The Improv Shop.  There is a quote on The Improv Shop wall and website by Kurt Vonnegut that goes: "And I would really, over the long run, hope America would find some way to provide all of our citizens with extended families -- a large group of people they could call on for help."  A little girl (4 or 5 years old) giving me a big hug after Circus Flora was over.  The combination of the quote and hug got me thinking that my favorite parts about volunteering and improv and life is the communities.  Communities that in some cases only get to see once a year and others that I can goof around with and be funny with.  Somehow it all makes sense together.  Probably my favorite part of doing any and all of it.  It's one of those things that I want to help push forward and help it grow.  So many communities to try to tie together and I am merely one thread amongst them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment