Thursday, May 22, 2014

Quick Thoughts On Improv

I've been taking Improv classes at The Improv Shop since September 2013.  Long time I know.  One thing that really has really struck me is how pretty much every motivational or inspirational or spiritual speaker, all pretty much hit on ideas that are "taught" in improv classes.  The ideas are not really directly taught but I think the ideas flow from them.   Difference being is that the motivational speaker person has specific life lessons that they customize to and present ideas relative to that.  

Things like "Yes, and...", listen, or do stuff: they all pretty much come through in any motivational speaker.  These ideas are all repackaged but have the vibe of one of these things.  I am ordained by 2 "organizations", maybe I should come up with an inspirational life story and preach to that.  If you would like to donate to my church.....

Other thing that I've noticed is that I pretty much lived by "Yes, and..." for a while without realizing it.  It is pretty sweet how it all comes around.

I also would like to learn to be a clown, so if you know of anyone in St. Louis that is willing to either teach or mentor, Let me know.

St. Louis Improv Community....You guys, gals, and weirdos are awesome.  Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment