Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Brief Volunteer Commentary

Just realizing that with all the volunteering that I do, I need to find a way to scout out other opportunities that happen to a rise on a yearly basis.  For instance, I just found out about the St. Louis Comic Con today.  If I would of known about it a month ago I would of signed up forever ago.  I've signed up but with a few days to the event, who knows if I'll get tagged up for it.   Not much to do except roll with it and be prepared next year.  Sometimes volunteering you hear about stuff way to late.  It's the hearing about it that matters the most.  

It's the hearing about stuff way to late that I need to fix.  I shouldn't be missing interesting stuff like Comic Con.  I blame myself for it.  I have been assuming that things like it only happen in California or something.  It's okay, I'll survive.  I'm gonna have to dig around a whole lot harder for some of these events.

If your interested in the event sign up for it.  May have to search around a bit on your own to find out where to sign up but it'll be worth it.   If you happen to know of anything interesting that happens to need volunteers, especially in the St. Louis area,  let me know down in the comments.  Otherwise Volunteer on and keep rocking.

I've also gotten a chance to cruse around St. Louis on a golf cart this past weekend for St. Patrick's Day parade festivities.  Pretty sweet event with one of the few events with a 5 MILE run prior to the parade.

April is shaping up to involve a KDHX phone drive (please show your support at KDHX.org), St. Louis  Earth Day, and FIRST Robotics World Championships.  Their is also the St. Louis MicroFest at the beginning of May.  Check them all out.  They are all interesting events in the St. Louis Area.


No comments:

Post a Comment